Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Massachusetts research goals
autumndivona
post Jun 19 2007, 02:47 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Surnames:
Wood, Haley, Shaw, Bartlett, Galfre; husband's Hawksley, Goodwin and Workman families.

So I'm going to Massachusetts this Friday and I will be gone until Thursday, July 5. I am happy to do research for folks - I'll be visiting NEHGS, the Mayflower Society Library, and several cemeteries in Plymouth County. POSSIBLY I will go other places, but these are the main ones right now.

Here are my goals (mostly Plymouth County, MA) and notes:

1. Verify parentage of Sarah Morton, wife of Joseph Westgate.

2. Verify parentage of William Barrett, husband of Ruth Westgate.

3. View Isaac Adams in NEHGS manuscript collection, call number SG ADA 8, on floor 5A of the NEHGS library (Special Collections).

4. Get Will of James Priest, Middlesex Probate, #1841, 1756, died in Waltham. (See if NEHGS has Middlesex Wills, then check with Registrar of Probate.)

5. Get Will of Robert Gage, Middlesex Probate, #8804, 1740, died in Weston. (Same as above.)

6. See Monson Vital Records regarding deaths of Aaron and Rhoda Gage (1840 and 1853), Monson Cemeteries, and also see if I can find anything there on Edward and Esther (____) Curtis. (Any Monson records at NEHGS? Buried in Dudley?)

7. Find marriage of Herbert Haley and Mildred (Burrell) St. Onge (Abington? Brockton? Between 1930 and 1963.)

8. Emma Anna (Murphy) (Regan) Shaw – anything I can find on her?

9. Haley family work.

10. Verify lineage of Benjamin Westgate and Joseph Westgate.

11. Find burial for Agnes (Griswold) Bartlett (Manomet Cemetery?)

12. Find burials for George and Rebecca Griswold.

13. Find death information on Ruhamah (French) Wade, and find her parents (Stoughton).

14. Work on Levi Benson.

15. Find Lulu (Lyman) (Wood) Gattuso death (Plympton between 1950 and 1970?).

16. Find deaths of George and Susie (Jones) Burrell.

17. Find Bartolomeo Galfre death certificate (Lakeville Town Hall – 346 Bedford Street).

18. Get George Burrell and Susie Jones marriage.

19. Find Thomas and Sarah Wood deaths (didn’t die in Willimantic, CT, but maybe there is an obituary up there?).

Also on my list, I made sure to include the addresses, telephone numbers, and hours of the places I want to visit. I have set specific days to go to these places (and am trying to keep my research to 4 or 5 days, so the mother-in-law won't whine that I'm AWOL... ha ha).

Even if you can not help me with the folks on this list, I thought it would be useful to see how I'd planned my trip and the bulk of my research.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
donnac91
post Jun 19 2007, 05:34 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Shoutbox
Surnames:
Aspengren, Baker, Beauchler, Barnett, Barton, Bottomley, Ferguson, Harris, Hartman, Hornish, Houglan, Johnson, Kempton, Leach, Lindmark, Myers, McGuire, Powers, Scott, Shelton, Suibb,

Wow!!

Looks like you've got your duck in a row. Hope you find all that your looking for plus some. Have fun!

I wish I'd been as organized on my last trip. I was mainly looking for anything on the Myers & Hartman's. I know little about these two lines. (okay, I wanted some interesting information, more than birth and death dates) I realized that two partial days in a library with a child is not near enough time.

Donna

+Quote Post
Shanifaye
post Jun 19 2007, 05:47 AM
Post #3

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Surnames:
Inman, Bradley, Byers, Derreberry, Owensby and all various spellings thereof

I cant wait to see how much of that you accomplish!!

+Quote Post
autumndivona
post Jun 20 2007, 09:44 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Surnames:
Wood, Haley, Shaw, Bartlett, Galfre; husband's Hawksley, Goodwin and Workman families.

Thanks Shan!

It's true, Donna... If you bring a child, it makes it difficult. Of course my son is 4 and would be wanting to get out to play, eat, have ice cream, etc.

Fortunately, my mother-in-law is that doting grandma type, and my husband, MIL and son will probably spend a large amount of time together. Oh, my husband will come to Boston with me (I hate that traffic... heh heh), but other than that, he's not much for genealogy. But to stave off boredom, he may join me for other trips.

We'll see!

I do try to be organized. It makes life easier, for the most part. Right now I've got to finish cleaning the house for our house-sitter, start supper (it's 4 p.m. here, and I've got potatoes to peel), and hope my nephews (whom I often babysit over their summer vacation) don't drive me completely insane before Friday.

Ah, 2 weeks without babysitting... BUT 2 weeks with my MIL... Hm, is it worth the trade-off? Throw in the genealogy and, yeah, it is! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Shawn
post Jun 20 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Surnames:
Johnson, Stowell, Wagener, Calvin, Burgess, Sweet, Livingstone, Porter, Butterfield, Root, Lewis, Bagwell, Waters, Lattin, Bourbon, Boisdore dit Bourbon, Horner, Hotchkiss, Hickernell, Stull, Mitchell, Bayless, Lucas, Lake, Fancher, Haggard, Randolph, Lindsey, etc.

Good luck! smile.gif Sounds like a lot of work.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 05:15 AM
Skin By: atsaunier Winxperts.net