Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Staley Database
Sandra Staley
post Mar 25 2007, 11:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Surnames:
STALEY, Platt, Cooke, Watts, Cherry, Bradshaw, Trench, Kinnett, Hill, Lawrence, Stratton, Richards, Leigh, King, Box, Cleete, Warden, Rixon, Bone, Bromhead, Gilling, Green, Baker, Sparham, Dixey, Jones, Newman, Gleed, Grimes, Stoneham, Hill, Bance, Pratt, Bottomley, Hunnerley, Slatcher, Bostock, Palmer, White, Kirby, Beeton, Killingworth, Bland, Gray, Parker, Landril, Shrive, Cox, Methuen, Foot, Hinds, Groom, Smith, Ruggles, Scott, Elborough, Jeffery, Phillimore, Brooks, Preston, Chapman, Salter, Gore.

The Staley Database contains around 20,000 names - and it's still growing!

Originally started to trace the origins of the surname, it has grown over the years to encompass the world. It has developed into a central finding aid for everyone interested in the name of Staley or any of the variant names which appear to have been derived from Staley, just as Staley appears to have been derived from the name of Staveley.

So if you find the name in your family, why not email me and see if I can help - it's free!!!!

Sandra smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
donnac91
post Mar 26 2007, 06:39 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Shoutbox
Surnames:
Aspengren, Baker, Beauchler, Barnett, Barton, Bottomley, Ferguson, Harris, Hartman, Hornish, Houglan, Johnson, Kempton, Leach, Lindmark, Myers, McGuire, Powers, Scott, Shelton, Suibb,

Sandra,

Who are your Bottomley's. Are they by chance related to Robert and Ann (KENWORTHY) BOTTOMLEY of England? dry.gif

Donna

+Quote Post
Carissa
post Mar 26 2007, 02:00 PM
Post #3

Huh?

Surnames:
Anderson, Chowning, Crabb, Eckels, Eddings, Fain, Fateley, Hill, Klimper, Lee, Moody, Moses, Nichols, Piercy, Piles, Slaten, Tallent, Weaver....

Hmm...Just wondering where your Hills are from?

+Quote Post
Sandra Staley
post Mar 30 2007, 12:15 AM
Post #4

Surnames:
STALEY, Platt, Cooke, Watts, Cherry, Bradshaw, Trench, Kinnett, Hill, Lawrence, Stratton, Richards, Leigh, King, Box, Cleete, Warden, Rixon, Bone, Bromhead, Gilling, Green, Baker, Sparham, Dixey, Jones, Newman, Gleed, Grimes, Stoneham, Hill, Bance, Pratt, Bottomley, Hunnerley, Slatcher, Bostock, Palmer, White, Kirby, Beeton, Killingworth, Bland, Gray, Parker, Landril, Shrive, Cox, Methuen, Foot, Hinds, Groom, Smith, Ruggles, Scott, Elborough, Jeffery, Phillimore, Brooks, Preston, Chapman, Salter, Gore.

Hi Carissa smile.gif

I'm descended from the Wiltshire Hills dance2.gif No, really! My Hill family lived in Wiltshire.

Sandra

+Quote Post
Sandra Staley
post Mar 30 2007, 12:22 AM
Post #5

Surnames:

Hi Donna smile.gif

I have only the one Bottomley at present. She was Mary Bottomley who married William Pratt in Peterborough, Northamptonshire in 1714. So she was born before 1696.

Sandra smile.gif

+Quote Post
donnac91
post Mar 30 2007, 05:55 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Group: Shoutbox
Surnames:
Aspengren, Baker, Beauchler, Barnett, Barton, Bottomley, Ferguson, Harris, Hartman, Hornish, Houglan, Johnson, Kempton, Leach, Lindmark, Myers, McGuire, Powers, Scott, Shelton, Suibb,

Sandra,

Mary Bottomley doesn't sound familiar but I haven't done anymore research after my Bottomley's came to America. (I want to trace as far as I can in America before trying England, Ireland and Sweden. unsure.gif )

Donna

+Quote Post
Carissa
post Mar 31 2007, 06:38 AM
Post #7

Huh?

Surnames:
Anderson, Chowning, Crabb, Eckels, Eddings, Fain, Fateley, Hill, Klimper, Lee, Moody, Moses, Nichols, Piercy, Piles, Slaten, Tallent, Weaver....

Thanks.

+Quote Post
peter robbins
post Jul 19 2007, 10:10 AM
Post #8

Surnames:
robbins

According to today's Daily Mail (18/7/7) the recently re-discovered punishment book of the Blue Coat Junior School (Durham) for 1902 lists Alfred STALEY twice as having been caned for truancy. On the first occasion he received 6 strokes of the cane, with 10 for a second offence. Whilst you might not be interested in the punishment, the presence of a (presumably) young Alfred Staley in Durham in 1902 might fill a gap.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2019 - 05:09 AM
Skin By: atsaunier Winxperts.net
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here