> Publishing your family history
Shanifaye
post Sep 7 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Surnames:
Inman, Bradley, Byers, Derreberry, Owensby and all various spellings thereof

Ok, Im looking for advise here. I think I am at the point where I would like to put my years of research in bound form and I am looking to hear from people that have done that.

I have looked at www.lulu.com and their prices are great, I have looked at Cafe Press, and eh, not impressed with their prices but they might still be an option. I am looking to print on demand only, I dont want a short run and have boxes of unpaid for books just sitting around my house. I do not need a color option, black and white is fine and I dont think I want to go with hardcover. I've seen many printed in "paperback" and I think thats just fine for my needs.

So my question for y'all is, have you done this, who did you use and why? Would you use them again and how pleased were you with your overall results?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kalina
post Sep 26 2009, 11:24 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Surnames:
Burgo
Ameno
Besse
Dougherty

QUOTE(Shanifaye @ Sep 7 2009, 04:49 PM) *
Ok, Im looking for advise here. I think I am at the point where I would like to put my years of research in bound form and I am looking to hear from people that have done that.

I have looked at www.lulu.com and their prices are great, I have looked at Cafe Press, and eh, not impressed with their prices but they might still be an option. I am looking to print on demand only, I dont want a short run and have boxes of unpaid for books just sitting around my house. I do not need a color option, black and white is fine and I dont think I want to go with hardcover. I've seen many printed in "paperback" and I think thats just fine for my needs.

So my question for y'all is, have you done this, who did you use and why? Would you use them again and how pleased were you with your overall results?

Have you checked out Blurb.com or ww.inkubook.com . Both are reasonably priced with various options. I have ordered from inkubook for a photobook and it came out nicely and I would consider it for turning any of my research into print.

+Quote Post
Shanifaye
post Sep 27 2009, 07:05 AM
Post #3

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Surnames:
Inman, Bradley, Byers, Derreberry, Owensby and all various spellings thereof

Thank Kalina, I will definitely check them out!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2018 - 08:20 AM
Skin By: atsaunier Winxperts.net
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here