Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Delaware research, On-site work
autumndivona
post Mar 23 2007, 04:57 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Surnames:
Wood, Haley, Shaw, Bartlett, Galfre; husband's Hawksley, Goodwin and Workman families.

Oh, how could I neglect to mention that I am also willing to do Delaware research for folks? Specifically Kent County. We have the Archives in Dover and they are really wonderful. Also, I am more than happy to bop around cemeteries, the library, and so forth.

I once had a cousin connected to me through my Bartlett side who told me that two of his New England ancestors came to Delaware, bought an orchard, then sold and returned home. I pulled those deeds for him and it was my introduction to the Delaware State Archives.

So just a note that I am happy to assist here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Levoid Davis
post Jun 3 2007, 08:55 PM
Post #2

Surnames:
Davis, Teal, Boatwright, Previtte, Rivers, McRae, Sellers, Whittington, Mungo

QUOTE(Wendy Hawksley @ Mar 23 2007, 11:09 AM) [snapback]644[/snapback]

Oh, how could I neglect to mention that I am also willing to do Delaware research for folks? Specifically Kent County. We have the Archives in Dover and they are really wonderful. Also, I am more than happy to bop around cemeteries, the library, and so forth.

I once had a cousin connected to me through my Bartlett side who told me that two of his New England ancestors came to Delaware, bought an orchard, then sold and returned home. I pulled those deeds for him and it was my introduction to the Delaware State Archives.

So just a note that I am happy to assist here.

My ancestors came through Pencader Hundred, New Castle Co. DE on their way to South Carolina. The Morgan David family came to Pennesylvanis in 1682 from Wales. Morgans son Evan and his wife Jane Rees moved to Pencader Hundred in 1723 and were members of the Welsh Neck church there. Am searching for the parents of Jane Miles born 1722, Pencader Hundred who married David David, (Davis) born 1717, Merion Township, PA. son of Evan and Jane Rees David. David and Jane Miles moved to Welsh Tract on the Pee Dee River in 1739. I believe Jane Miles parentw were co-founder of the church there in Pencader. An help would be appreciated
Levoid Davis

+Quote Post
autumndivona
post Jun 4 2007, 02:55 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Surnames:
Wood, Haley, Shaw, Bartlett, Galfre; husband's Hawksley, Goodwin and Workman families.

Hm, I don't know anything about New Castle County or Pencader Hundred (I still don't even understand this whole thing about separating land into "hundreds" down here... lol). But I will print out the info and bring it to the Archives on my next visit downtown.

+Quote Post
madehlinne
post Jul 14 2009, 02:13 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Surnames:
Hunter, Berkshire, Powderly, Whelan, Etienne [Stephens], Labusiere/Labuxiere, Wheat [KY]; Landgraf/Von Landgraf, Steuernagel, LaTour, Cavallo, Walker [Wocher], Lenz, Loesch, Voertman(n)

Hi, Wendy!

I need help with more information on my HUNTER's. {Please and thank you! biggrin.gif } Anything you could find on them would be wonderful!!

Specifically I'm looking for a marriage between EDWARD HUNTER and SARAH ------- [her last name is unknown but MAY have been Roswell or Russell] about 1753-1754 in Mill Creek Hundred, New Castle County. They were members of Rev. Robert MacKinnon's Presbyterian congregation at Red Clay Creek.

I have checked many, many published sources on Delware/PA marriages and cannot find anything.

Their children were all born in Mill Creek Hundred also. I'm giving you this information just in case you run across a reference to one of them.

JOHN, b. 2 Dec. 1755--John is my direct ancestor and his birth date I have from his Revolutionary War pension papers.

DAVID, b. c. 1757?

JANE, b. c. 1762?

JAMES, b. c. 1764--this year is correct, as it is recorded in court records after his death in 1814.

MARGARET, b. c. 1769?

SARAH, b. 15 May 1770--her birthdate is also confirmed by one of her descendants.

Any help you can give me I'd gladly appreciate!!! OR if you can't find anything--thanks and big RAOGK hug for tryin'!

Maddie

+Quote Post
autumndivona
post Jul 25 2009, 06:30 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Surnames:

Hi Maddie,

I've just moved so, wah! I can't help anymore. sad.gif Sorry!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 05:09 PM
Skin By: atsaunier Winxperts.net