> Missouri Death Certificates online 1910-1957
Shanifaye
post Mar 22 2008, 03:50 PM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Surnames:
Inman, Bradley, Byers, Derreberry, Owensby and all various spellings thereof

The Missouri Death Certificate Database containing over 2.1 million death certificates was placed online one year before its scheduled completion, according to Secretary of State Robin Carnahan’s office.

Researchers have immediate, free access to online images of Missouri death certificates over 50 years old, including those of famous Missourians like author Laura Ingalls Wilder, musician and composer John William “Blind” Boone, outlaw Frank James and political boss Tom Pendergast. Family historians, biographers, and other researchers can use these death certificates to discover key information about an ancestor or important historical figure, including occupation, burial site, birthplace, and the names of an individual’s parents and spouse.

Over 600 students and volunteers from across the United States and other countries spent 32,810 hours preparing certificates for scanning and entering data into the index.

http://www.sos.mo.gov/archives/resources/deathcertificates/

This is fantastic news!!! Here is a copy of Laura Ingalls Wilder's death cert
Attached File(s)
Attached File  lauraingalls.jpg ( 188.14K ) Number of downloads: 11

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cindy
post Mar 22 2008, 05:10 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Surnames:
Focus families: Hancock, Cotton, Reid, Wolf/Wolfe, Vizzier/Vaissier and various different spellings, LaRose, Langley, Simpson, the list is always changing and way too many to use so much space...

I have a huge amount of family and extended family from Missouri and I have been able to find tons of info so far and that was before it was all finished! I need to go back and check it out more now. It really does give alot of info...I wish every state was required to do this lol..would be nice for all of us !

+Quote Post
Carolyn
post Mar 22 2008, 05:41 PM
Post #3

Surnames:
Everly, Tuck, Russell

I guess I put that in the wrong place. I have been chasing easter eggs with my great granddaughters so guess that will have to do as an excuse smile.gif I can't seem to figure out how this forum works. I guess I am also computer challenged too.

+Quote Post
NadineG
post Mar 23 2008, 10:05 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Surnames:
Lanier, Taylor, Mozingo, Jenkins, Honeycutt, Carter, Gittins, Morgan, Richards, Thompson, Wilburn, Appleton.

I have a lot of family from Missouri...I have a feeling this is going to be a help to me. Thanks for the info!

+Quote Post
Gerrie
post Mar 24 2008, 01:08 AM
Post #5

Administrator

Surnames:
Oh my is this space big enough lol... Roberts, Burks, McCoy, Hatfield, Morrison, Viney, Fortner, Forbes, Pearson, Brown, Enlow, Inlow, Dardenne, Denton, Quapaw, Bresee, Alexander, James, Elswick, Hart... I will add more as I know more

QUOTE(Shanifaye @ Mar 22 2008, 02:50 PM) *
The Missouri Death Certificate Database containing over 2.1 million death certificates was placed online one year before its scheduled completion, according to Secretary of State Robin Carnahan’s office.

Researchers have immediate, free access to online images of Missouri death certificates over 50 years old, including those of famous Missourians like author Laura Ingalls Wilder, musician and composer John William “Blind” Boone, outlaw Frank James and political boss Tom Pendergast. Family historians, biographers, and other researchers can use these death certificates to discover key information about an ancestor or important historical figure, including occupation, burial site, birthplace, and the names of an individual’s parents and spouse.

Over 600 students and volunteers from across the United States and other countries spent 32,810 hours preparing certificates for scanning and entering data into the index.

http://www.sos.mo.gov/archives/resources/deathcertificates/

This is fantastic news!!! Here is a copy of Laura Ingalls Wilder's death cert

She was a 3 or 4 th cousin

+Quote Post
snapdragon1210
post May 17 2009, 12:56 PM
Post #6

Surnames:
Banister, Cannedy,Kennedy,Wilson, Eckert, Hannebaum, Buscher, Lusk, Dixon, Ruyle, Witt, Gilliland

Hi,
I found my grandparents and greatgrandparents Death Cert. here on this site and I also found other birth certi. this is a great site. I use it often and recommend it for everyone with ancestors in Missouri.
Jean Linhart

+Quote Post
Steph
post Jun 16 2009, 01:04 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Group: Shoutbox
Surnames:
Tolbert,Seagraves, Adams, McElroy, Bowden, Thrasher, O'Dillon, Downing, Bradley, Inman, Swanger, Barnett, Morrow

Congratulations and a BIG thank you to those students and volunteers. Wish all states could get it on the ball. After two or more years Georgia is still stuck with only about 10 years up.

Steph

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2020 - 12:46 AM
Skin By: atsaunier Winxperts.net