Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DAR Membership
margaretann
post Jan 7 2013, 01:25 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Surnames:
James; Tull; Woods, McIntire; McIntyre; Cox, Day; Johnson; Rogers; Morton; Huggins;Cooper; Ruff; Cooksey; Randolph; Poe, Brown; McMillian; Taylor; Myers; Neff; Pennywitt; Will; Sherman; Scherman...; Longernecker; Harpine; Coffman; Kauffman...; Horn; Stiles; Styles; Riddle; Ruddel; Ruddle; Bowman; Hite; Meredith, Walker, Scott, Spence, Hall, Davis, Edge, Pugh, Quick, Dandridge, Giles- all I can think of off the top of my head- will add more later.

My daughter and I have submitted our applications to join the DAR and hope to find out if they accepted our application- hopefully at the February Board Meeting.

The next project is to do a supplemental and the one I want to do is a Patriot who hasn't been submitted as a DAR Patriot. He died in 1813 before Revolutionary War Pensions. I pieced together a lot of his military record from other men's pension files at fold3 by searching for his name. He was a captain so I have found four records that mention his name.

I only have an early (1774) citation for him and he was an ensign. This citation is in a book, and not an original record.

Anyone had experience with this process or have pearls of wisdom as we proceed with the DAR journey? smile.gif

Thanks,

Margaret
margaretann1858@yahoo.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
barrycdog
post Jan 8 2013, 05:12 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Surnames:
Colbaugh, Leyden, Forrister, Puckett, Nall

Its a good chance someone else entered under your ancestor and may be recorded in the DAR.

http://www.dar.org/library/publication.cfm

nice to meet you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2021 - 03:17 AM
Skin By: atsaunier Winxperts.net