Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anne Z. Shephard, Utah
JamesRussell
post Oct 29 2007, 12:04 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Surnames:
Donaldson (WA-IN-MO), Hollis (PA), Link, McCaffery (MT), McGrath (MT)

Hello,
Need a little assistance, if it's not too much trouble. I am looking for any record of my son's great grand mother. I guess she was dropped on this earth by aliens.

What I know.

Anne Z. Shephard. B. 3 May 1895, Utah, USA -- d. 29 Dec 1967, Edmonds, Snohomish, Washington, USA -- burried 2 Jan 1968, Seattle, King, Washington, USA, Evergreen-Washelli Cemetery.

married Carl Langston Donaldson about 1919 -- listed on the 1920 and 1930 US Census in Seattle, King, Washington, USA -- listed in the 1923 Seattle City Directory. Had 3 sisters - Barbara and two unknown. Barbara later married _____ Friberg and was once livng in Ft. Bragg, CA. Had one daughter (still living) in 1921 and one son (deceased) in 1925.

I can not find any mention of them or parents before the 1920 census. If it's possible I would like to find what planet them were dropped off from.

Thank you for any asistance.
JamesRussell
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shanifaye
post Oct 29 2007, 03:47 PM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Surnames:
Inman, Bradley, Byers, Derreberry, Owensby and all various spellings thereof

Im slightly confused as to who exactly you're looking for? is it Barbara?

+Quote Post
thecohens
post Oct 29 2007, 08:56 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Surnames:
Abrahams, Barusch, Bernstein, Blumstein, Cohen, Cooper, Feldberg, Finkelstein, Greenbaum, Grossman, Jacobs, Kaminsky, Kaplansky, Kasle, Levin, Lichtig, Sarver, Tennebaum, Vishnick, Weinzimmer, Wishnek

Also, if you have the census pages, they should say where everyone listed, as well as their parents, were born. Where did you get the limited census information that you have? I'll check the free resources at rootsweb for death index info on Barbara, on assumption maiden name was Shephard and married name Friberg.

+Quote Post
thecohens
post Oct 29 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Surnames:
Abrahams, Barusch, Bernstein, Blumstein, Cohen, Cooper, Feldberg, Finkelstein, Greenbaum, Grossman, Jacobs, Kaminsky, Kaplansky, Kasle, Levin, Lichtig, Sarver, Tennebaum, Vishnick, Weinzimmer, Wishnek

Okay, since Barbara lived in Calif I looked in the Calif Death Index at:

http://vitals.rootsweb.com/ca/death/search.cgi

I found a BARBARA M FRIBERG born 11/10/1888 apparently in CANADA, who died in HUMBOLDT county on 04/28/1973.

Checkin Social Sec death index at

http://ssdi.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/ssdi.cgi

I find two Barbara Fribergs. One born 16 Jul 1938, who died in Jul 1978, and obtained her social security card in New Jersey.

The other is the one who died in California, apparently in Arcata.

Is this who you are looking for?

+Quote Post
JamesRussell
post Oct 29 2007, 10:34 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Surnames:

O.K. I will admit I probley mucked this up. I am looking for Anne Z. Shephard. If I find Anne on a census there should be her sister with her. Anne was born in Utah, Father in Maine, mother in Canada.

Anne was born in Utah in 1895.

On the 1920 and 1930 census she is listed by her husbands name. So what I would like to find is Anne on the 1900 census with her sister Barbara or on the 1910 census with her husband Carl L. Donaldson.

JamesRussell

+Quote Post
Gerrie
post Oct 30 2007, 12:39 AM
Post #6

Administrator

Surnames:
Oh my is this space big enough lol... Roberts, Burks, McCoy, Hatfield, Morrison, Viney, Fortner, Forbes, Pearson, Brown, Enlow, Inlow, Dardenne, Denton, Quapaw, Bresee, Alexander, James, Elswick, Hart... I will add more as I know more

Oregon Death Index, 1903-98 Oregon Death Index, 1903-98
Name: Donaldson, Carl
County: Portland
Death Date: 9 May 1938
Certificate: 1533
Spouse: Anna

Source Information:
Ancestry.com. Oregon Death Index, 1903-98 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2000. Original data: State of Oregon. Oregon Death Index, 1903-1998. Salem, OR, USA: Oregon State Archives and Records Center.
not sure if I am on the right track.

+Quote Post
Gerrie
post Oct 30 2007, 01:10 AM
Post #7

Administrator

Surnames:
Oh my is this space big enough lol... Roberts, Burks, McCoy, Hatfield, Morrison, Viney, Fortner, Forbes, Pearson, Brown, Enlow, Inlow, Dardenne, Denton, Quapaw, Bresee, Alexander, James, Elswick, Hart... I will add more as I know more

1. Anne Z. SHEPHARD was born 3 MAY 1895 in Ogden, Weber County, Utah, and died 29 DEC 1967 in Edmonds, Snohomish County, Washington. She was buried 2 JAN 1968 in Seattle, King County, Washington. She married Carl Langston DONALDSON ABT 1920 in Seattle, King County, Washington. He was born 11 APR 1879 in Burlington, Coffey County, Kansas, and died 23 AUG 1949 in Fort Lewis, Pierce County, Washington. He was buried 25 AUG 1949 in Seattle, King County, Washington.

Children of Anne Z. SHEPHARD and Carl Langston DONALDSON are: + 2 i. Dolores A. DONALDSON was born 1921 in Seattle, King County, Washington.
+ 3 ii. Carl Lowell DONALDSON was born 27 APR 1925 in Seattle, King County, Washington, and died 17 MAR 2003 in Seattle, King County, Washington.
4 iii. Robert L. DONALDSON.
5 iv. Ruth DONALDSON.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Descendant Register, Generation No. 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Dolores A. DONALDSON (Anne Z. SHEPHARD1) was born 1921 in Seattle, King County, Washington. She married Kenneth CURRY.

Children of Dolores A. DONALDSON and Kenneth CURRY are: 6 i. Living CURRY.
7 ii. Living CURRY.

3. Carl Lowell DONALDSON (Anne Z. SHEPHARD1) was born 27 APR 1925 in Seattle, King County, Washington, and died 17 MAR 2003 in Seattle, King County, Washington. He married Joan C. HOLLIS.

Children of Carl Lowell DONALDSON and Joan C. HOLLIS are: 8 i. Living DONALDSON.
9 ii. Living DONALDSON.

+Quote Post
thecohens
post Oct 30 2007, 02:16 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Surnames:

Wow, Gerri, where did you find that beautiful info? Is it in your family tree? Or did you just now put it together special?

Very cool...

+Quote Post
Shanifaye
post Oct 30 2007, 05:44 AM
Post #9

Administrator

Surnames:

To move queries posted in another thread

+Quote Post
JamesRussell
post Oct 30 2007, 11:20 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Surnames:

Hello Gerrie,
In post #7 which begins - 1. Anne Z. SHEPHARD was born 3 MAY 1895 in Ogden... is actually correct except that Carl Langston Donaldson was married before Anne and that union produced Robert and Ruth.

So I actually have everything you said but I still don't have any account of Anne before the 1920 Census. And try as I may, nothing seems to be available to me. From the 1920 Census I know Anne's father was born in Maine and Anne's mother was born in Canada.

What I am really trying to find out is who are Anne's mother and father and other possible sisters.

I really appreciate your effort and as Elivs would say, "Thank you, Thank you very much!"
JamesRussell

+Quote Post
Shanifaye
post Oct 30 2007, 11:27 AM
Post #11

Administrator

Surnames:

ok, I was waiting on you to respond to Gerries stuff before I started looking for anything to see if anymore help was needed.

I will try to look for some info for you...

word of warning though, and this goes to everyone PLEASE remember that you cannot take the places born on a census as gospel. Im sure MANY of use can quote you census records that have different information there for the same person in each census year. I know for a fact that one person I research is listed as being born in 3 dif states (and his parents states vary as well) so please make sure you have another source for where they were born before you believe the census is 100% right.

+Quote Post
Shanifaye
post Oct 30 2007, 12:29 PM
Post #12

Administrator

Surnames:

Do you have any idea what the Z stands for?

+Quote Post
JamesRussell
post Oct 30 2007, 12:47 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Surnames:

Hello,
While I am not totally positive, my wife believes Anne's middle name is Zara. Where or how she got a name like that is beyond me. Might have an interesting history, you never know.

JamesRussell

+Quote Post
Shanifaye
post Oct 30 2007, 12:56 PM
Post #14

Administrator

Surnames:

well there are a lot of shephards (various spellings there of) in utah in 1900 and 1910...loads of them are either swedish or danish and the female Z name I keep running into is Zena so I thought I'd check

+Quote Post
JamesRussell
post Oct 30 2007, 01:52 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Surnames:

Believe me, I am fully aware of the Shepherds in Utah. I grabbed ahold of the Annie that was B F's daughter and ran with it back to Sweden and 1635. I had added 38 names to my databass before I realized that the Annie I was following died in Cailf. Oops, wrong one.

That might be why I am having so much trouble. I keep following the wrong link. Utah has death certs online and I was using them. The one person that might know is Anne's daughter. But she is now 86, in frail health and can't remember. She recently had a stroke. I really hate to say this but I might find out more when she passes on.

I tried Familysearch.org and they gave me the International Genealogical Index. That's where I found the rest of the Shepherd's. Oh, well. I'll keep plugging along.

Thanks for your help.
JamesRussell

+Quote Post
Shanifaye
post Oct 30 2007, 02:54 PM
Post #16

Administrator

Surnames:

I was trying to figure out if her mother might have been a zena or zina and we could look that way because Im having no luck at all with anne (ann or annie) or barbara lol

+Quote Post
Shanifaye
post Oct 30 2007, 03:20 PM
Post #17

Administrator

Surnames:

I dont know if it would be worth the 27 dollars for you, but I found her on the ssdi and if you sent off for her application its might have her parents names on them, Im not sure when when she applied for it so I dont know what year to find an application from to see if that was a question they asked at the time

+Quote Post
Shanifaye
post Oct 30 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #18

Administrator

Surnames:

ok....she applied in the 1955-1956 year, I cant find an application yet for those specific years, but ones before and after that asked for the parents names....so that would be the way I'd go. Death certs so often dont have that info, or its wrong because the informant may not have possesed the information....on a SS application, the person filled it out themselves and most of the time they SHOULD know their parents names lol

+Quote Post
Gerrie
post Oct 30 2007, 03:32 PM
Post #19

Administrator

Surnames:

QUOTE(thecohens @ Oct 30 2007, 01:16 AM) [snapback]2938[/snapback]

Wow, Gerri, where did you find that beautiful info? Is it in your family tree? Or did you just now put it together special?

Very cool...

nope I am a night owl since I can not sleep ( a lot of real life problems right now) anywho I found this on ancestry library addition .

+Quote Post
JamesRussell
post Oct 30 2007, 03:56 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Surnames:

Yes know I could get the SSA information. But like you said that costs $27.00. Washington State Death Cert. is $17.00. I am really tempted but still can't afford it.

Money (or lack of) is the main reason I try to do things the way I am. When I was gainfully employed I sent $12.00 to the state of Montana and all I got back was a Thank you for the 12 bucks. I am not creap or frugal, just poor.

JamesRussell

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th January 2022 - 06:10 AM
Skin By: atsaunier Winxperts.net