Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Obituary henry f gibson, would like to have an obituary
LadySage
post Sep 4 2008, 07:09 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Surnames:
Henson, Robinson, McCune, Adair, Gibson

i would like to have an obituary and/or a newspaper article on the death of Henry F Gibson born 3 july 1881 in Louisville, KY married 1st unknown had 2 children roy and Golden 2nd Ollie E Reams in Rockcastle co, KY at the home of Odem Gibson. moved back and forth between Trenton, Grundy co, Mo and KY had several children. dirvorced Ollie sometime after 1933 and before 1955 which he died Nov 26 1955 in St. Jospeh, Buchanan, MO and is buried in Odd Fellows Cemetery in St. Joseph.

Ollie remarried Wilbur Robertson and died in 1964 she is buried in Maple Grove Cemetery in trenton. Grundy County, Mo

any help on either people and Obituaries or newpapser articles i know henry's parents are William and Ida harris but I cant find anything else on them.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
madehlinne
post Sep 4 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Surnames:
Hunter, Berkshire, Powderly, Whelan, Etienne [Stephens], Labusiere/Labuxiere, Wheat [KY]; Landgraf/Von Landgraf, Steuernagel, LaTour, Cavallo, Walker [Wocher], Lenz, Loesch, Voertman(n)

QUOTE(LadySage @ Sep 4 2008, 07:09 AM) *
i would like to have an obituary and/or a newspaper article on the death of Henry F Gibson born 3 july 1881 in Louisville, KY married 1st unknown had 2 children roy and Golden 2nd Ollie E Reams in Rockcastle co, KY at the home of Odem Gibson. moved back and forth between Trenton, Grundy co, Mo and KY had several children. dirvorced Ollie sometime after 1933 and before 1955 which he died Nov 26 1955 in St. Jospeh, Buchanan, MO and is buried in Odd Fellows Cemetery in St. Joseph.

Ollie remarried Wilbur Robertson and died in 1964 she is buried in Maple Grove Cemetery in trenton. Grundy County, Mo

any help on either people and Obituaries or newpapser articles i know henry's parents are William and Ida harris but I cant find anything else on them.

LadyS--

Grundy County is the next county just north of me! Hi, ya, Neighbor!

Let me root around in my resources and see if I can come up with some info for you.

Watch this space!

Madehlinne

+Quote Post
madehlinne
post Sep 4 2008, 09:05 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Surnames:
Hunter, Berkshire, Powderly, Whelan, Etienne [Stephens], Labusiere/Labuxiere, Wheat [KY]; Landgraf/Von Landgraf, Steuernagel, LaTour, Cavallo, Walker [Wocher], Lenz, Loesch, Voertman(n)

OK--what I found so far--

I don't know if you have a copy of Henry F. Gibson's death certificate, but below is information taken from it.

Name: Henry F. Gibson
Age 74
Date of Death: 26 Nov. 1955
M W Marital Status: Divorced
Wife: Ollie Gibson*
Occ.: General laborer
Industry/Business: Construction
F: unknown
M: unknown
Cause of death: Acute congestive heart failure
Contributory cause: arteriosclerotic heart disease
Date of Burial: 29 Nov. 1955
Place: Odd Fellows Public Cemetery, St. Joseph, MO

You can visit the Missouri Secretary of State's archives and download a copy of his d. c. for FREE and print off a copy for yourself.

The web addy is

www.sos.mo.gov/archives/resources

*It's interesting that Ollie is listed as his wife when they're divorced.

Now I need a little more help from you. Can you give me approximate birthdates for Roy Gibson and Goldie Gibson?

Any little bit of information can help me narrow down the many Gibsons I've been finding.

Thanks!

Madehlinne

+Quote Post
madehlinne
post Sep 4 2008, 11:32 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Surnames:

Your Gibson's are proving to be elusive.....

However, I did find this.

Kentucky Death Records

Rockcastle Co., KY

Name: LEE GIBSON
M W Married
res. Vicco, Perry Co., KY
b. 31 March 1905
place of birth: Rockcastle Co., KY
Occ: miner
F: ODEN GIBSON
b. TN
M: Mary Watkins
b. Breathitt Co., KY

d. 25 June 1946
place of death: Vicco, Perry Co., KY

Informant: Helen Barnett
res.: Vicco, KY

Burial: Perry Co., KY

You had mentioned that Henry got married at the home of "Odem Gibson", but the correct spelling is probably Oden, like the above. I also am coming to believe that Oden was Henry's brother. Whether he was older or younger I haven't been able to determine.

I strongly suspect then that this Lee Gibson would be Henry's nephew.

-----

Now on to other things:

I also found this birth record.

Name: Georgia Gibson
b. 20 Jan. 1924
Rockcastle Co., KY
M: Ollie Reams

There is no father listed and I cannot access an original record because apparently Ancestry--doan get me started!--hasn't done digital images for records in Kentucky.

-----

Question: Is it possible that Ollie E. Reams, who was Henry's 2nd wife was previously married?

For your consideration:

Ollie McNew married J. B. Reams 28 Feb. 1894, Rockcastle Co., KY.

Madehlinne

+Quote Post
LadySage
post Nov 10 2008, 06:42 PM
Post #5

Surnames:

Thank you so much for your help. I am wondering also if henry is Oden's brother or at least a nephew. georgia marie gibson is Henry and Ollies daughter. i dont believe Ollie was married before but she did remarry after the divorce to a Wilber robertson.

now ok I dont know anything about Roy only his name mentioned in a letter from georgia marie that she wrote to another researcher and was nice enough to send to me also. i do have Henry's death certificate but not very helpful I have all the census that I can find on Ollie and Henry. I have the 1920 and 1930 census and WWI draft registration card. and his death certificate.

Golden is on the 1930 census and says she is 18 so would put her born about 1912 in Kentucky, she moved with them to trenton, Grundy County, Mo

if you need any additional help would be willing to give you anything i have.

Ollie is buried in Maple grove Cemetery with Wilbur Robertson in Trenton.
Robert Gibson is also buried there ollie and henry's son.

Henry and Ollie's children are
Arville b.Feb 1919 Georgia saw him one time after the war he left her house and she never heard from him again.
Alvin 1922
Georgia Marie b.1924 d.jul 1 2003 in Lockport,IL married Adrial Edman
Robert F b.1925 d.1996 in Trenton never married as far as we know
Una Idella was born Lillian J b.1930
John Thomas (JT) b.1933 d.1994 in Quincy, IL
Anna E. b.1934 d.1997 in Camp Point, IL married George Clymore
Then there was
Richard
Helen
Della (might be Una Idella)
extra names are from JT's obit.

QUOTE(madehlinne @ Sep 4 2008, 11:32 PM) *

Kentucky Death Records

Rockcastle Co., KY

M W Married
b. 31 March 1905
b. TN
b. Breathitt Co., KY

d. 25 June 1946

You had mentioned that Henry got married at the home of "Odem Gibson", but the correct spelling is probably Oden, like the above. I also am coming to believe that Oden was Henry's brother. Whether he was older or younger I haven't been able to determine.

-----

Now on to other things:

b. 20 Jan. 1924
Rockcastle Co., KY

There is no father listed and I cannot access an original record because apparently Ancestry--doan get me started!--hasn't done digital images for records in Kentucky.

-----

Question: Is it possible that Ollie E. Reams, who was Henry's 2nd wife was previously married?

For your consideration:

Madehlinne

+Quote Post
LadySage
post Oct 22 2014, 03:30 PM
Post #6

Surnames:

QUOTE(LadySage @ Nov 10 2008, 07:42 PM) *
Thank you so much for your help. I am wondering also if henry is Oden's brother or at least a nephew. georgia marie gibson is Henry and Ollies daughter. i dont believe Ollie was married before but she did remarry after the divorce to a Wilber robertson.

now ok I dont know anything about Roy only his name mentioned in a letter from georgia marie that she wrote to another researcher and was nice enough to send to me also. i do have Henry's death certificate but not very helpful I have all the census that I can find on Ollie and Henry. I have the 1920 and 1930 census and WWI draft registration card. and his death certificate.

Golden is on the 1930 census and says she is 18 so would put her born about 1912 in Kentucky, she moved with them to trenton, Grundy County, Mo

if you need any additional help would be willing to give you anything i have.

Ollie is buried in Maple grove Cemetery with Wilbur Robertson in Trenton.
Robert Gibson is also buried there ollie and henry's son.

Henry and Ollie's children are
Arville b.Feb 1919 Georgia saw him one time after the war he left her house and she never heard from him again.
Alvin 1922
Georgia Marie b.1924 d.jul 1 2003 in Lockport,IL married Adrial Edman
Robert F b.1925 d.1996 in Trenton never married as far as we know
Una Idella was born Lillian J b.1930
John Thomas (JT) b.1933 d.1994 in Quincy, IL
Anna E. b.1934 d.1997 in Camp Point, IL married George Clymore
Then there was
Richard
Helen
Della (might be Una Idella)
extra names are from JT's obit.

QUOTE(madehlinne @ Sep 4 2008, 11:32 PM) *

Kentucky Death Records

Rockcastle Co., KY

M W Married
b. 31 March 1905
b. TN
b. Breathitt Co., KY

d. 25 June 1946

-----

Now on to other things:

b. 20 Jan. 1924
Rockcastle Co., KY

-----

For your consideration:

Madehlinne

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2021 - 02:34 AM
Skin By: atsaunier Winxperts.net