Shanifaye
post Feb 5 2007, 06:52 AM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Surnames:
Inman, Bradley, Byers, Derreberry, Owensby and all various spellings thereof

We are so glad you found us smile.gif

It is our greatest wish that you find information here to help further you along in your research and will be encouraged to share your own with others that may have hit the preverbial "brick wall"

Many of you may not know how to navigate this kind of forum software so I will post picture tutorials of a few things that will help you to get the most out of what our forum has to offer.

Please do not hesitate to contact myself or Gerrie with any technical questions you might. No question is too "dumb"

Enjoy your membership and spread the word!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gerrie
post Feb 5 2007, 10:01 AM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Members
Surnames:
Oh my is this space big enough lol... Roberts, Burks, McCoy, Hatfield, Morrison, Viney, Fortner, Forbes, Pearson, Brown, Enlow, Inlow, Dardenne, Denton, Quapaw, Bresee, Alexander, James, Elswick, Hart... I will add more as I know more

I want to take the time to say WELCOME
and of course to say ditto on What Shani said, since she always beats me to the punch lol.
I do not claim to be an expert but I love a challenge, and I will help you as much as I can.
Again WELCOME

+Quote Post
Earl C.
post Mar 25 2008, 08:52 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Surnames:
Capron, Gardner/Gardiner, Brennan/Brennon, Tourjee/Tourgee,
Smith (RI 1700's), Hazard (RI 1700's) English ancestry (possibly
Cotton) of Anne Marbury Hutchinson

Good Morning Shanni,

I'm replying to your welcome message, thank you for the invitation.

I am close, real close, to 4 score in years and have been searching for my direct ancestors only for about 60 years and still I can not complete 'The Never Ending Story'. I thought when I started, I would be searching for about 5 years maximum, then I got to 10 and gave up trying to finish, then just trying to get information on 1 more ancestor before I stopped searching. And so it goes on, forever.

My ancestors are primarily from MA, CT, RI, a few in NJ, and 1 or 2 in Long Island, with a questionable one in VA before another came to MA in the boat that hit the rock in Cape Cod Harbor. Most of the data I have is on early 1600 and 1700's ancestors.

I have the following 'Gateway' ancestors; Frances Bulkeley, Katherine Hamby, Anne Marbury, Thomas Newberry, and Olive Welby. These names will take you back to Charlemagne on the continent and the Irish
Kings, ca 990. Oh, one of my favorite ancestors is William The Conqueror, who with a bunch of his boys, took a vacation to England in 1066 and liked it so much, he decided to stay there, just like his ancestor, Rollo the Conqueror (Viking) did when he went to France and liked the wine so much, he decided to stay.

I started writing names of my ancestors on sheets of paper, then to cards, then I got an Apple computer, then a Apple II, then II Plus, IIE, and so on up the Apple tree till I finally have an MAC G4. This does everything I need.

Because of my searching for direct ancestors only, I can only assist those searching for those names I already have, sorry.

Stay healthy and find one more ancestor!

Earl C.

+Quote Post
Shanifaye
post Mar 25 2008, 09:06 AM
Post #4

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Surnames:
Inman, Bradley, Byers, Derreberry, Owensby and all various spellings thereof

Hi smile.gif

I sometimes wish I had the willpower to only do direct lines, but I find I get very bored with that and there are such interesting stories and facts about aunts/uncles/cousins and I just cant leave them alone lol

+Quote Post
Steph
post Mar 25 2008, 10:31 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Shoutbox
Surnames:
Tolbert,Seagraves, Adams, McElroy, Bowden, Thrasher, O'Dillon, Downing, Bradley, Inman, Swanger, Barnett, Morrow

Earl,
It's great to have you here. What discipline you have, but you never know who is going to connect with you. Those direct lines include a heck of a lot of folks. I've been at this for more years than I care to remember as well...and can vouch for the "just one more" syndrome.

Steph

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th December 2022 - 03:22 PM
Skin By: atsaunier Winxperts.net